Monday, January 3, 2011

Food Diary day 2

I did pretty well today, though I've discovered that it's probably in my best interest to actually crawl out of bed a few minutes earlier in the morning so I can get everything done that I need to before I leave.



Breakfast: 16 oz chai tea skinny vanilla on the way to work, protein shake: 5 oz. lowfat vanilla yogurt, 3 oz milk, 1 scoop protein powder, ½ C each cherries & pineapple, 1 egg. I did find that the yogurt and the egg make a huge difference in helping to keep me feeling full. Yesterday, I finished my shake about 8:30, and by 11 I was pretty hungry. Today I finished it by 7:45, and when I had a handful of nuts around 10:45 I just beginning to feel a few hunger pangs. 


Lunch: 4 oz grilled chicken, 2/3 C of brown rice, and about 1 C green beans with about ½ T margarine, ~16 oz chai tea skinny vanilla


Afternoon snack: another handful of nuts, and a handful of sweet-tart like candies


Dinner: turkey burger with about 2 oz cheddar cheese, on an Orowheat flatbread sandwich roll (honey wheat), some Ketchup, and about 3 oz olive oil & rosemary oven fries, ~16 oz green chai tea skinny vanilla.


I did get a bit of a headache this morning, which I attribute to the reduced caffeine intake, but I've not had any Dr Pepper in over 24 hours. The tea has no calories, and the skinny vanilla creamer has 30 calories per Tablespoon, and I use less than 2 per 16 oz serving of tea. I'm getting a little less caffeine than I'm used to, but I've cut my calories from caffeinated beverages by more than 50%, and from my past experiences with giving up Dr Pepper, I will get through the caffeine withdrawals soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment