Sunday, January 2, 2011

Changes for 2011

As much as I'd like to say that I'm going to be better at blogging, somehow I don't manage it most of the time. I mean, really, it's been over a year since I last posted here. For 2011, I am putting forth an honest effort to improve my health, starting with better eating habits and taking my vitamins/supplements more faithfully.

I stepped on the scale this morning for the first time in probably a month and a half, at least. It read 265.2. That's not the heaviest I've ever been, but obviously it's heavier than is either healthy for me, or acceptable to me. I am setting small goals for myself, that I think are attainable without making me feel deprived or making drastic choices which could negatively impact my health or my ultimate goal.

In general, I concern myself more with inches, jeans & shirt sizes, than with numbers on the scale, simply because I know that the numbers on the scale are a rather arbitrary, "one size" sort of measurement, which doesn't work, at least with my body. (at 17, I was 25-35 lbs "overweight", yet I wore about a size 10 skirt & 12 jeans) That being said, I didn't take the time to measure myself today, and frankly, am unlikely to do so until perhaps next weekend at the soonest.

What I AM going to do, is endeavor to keep a food journal, and adjust my eating habits.

Short term goals:

  • 2 lbs/week loss
  • Eat out less than 3 times per week
  • Spend 20 minutes moving at least 3 times per week


     

Long term goals:

  • Food journal/diary
  • Work out with weights 2 times per week
  • Drop 2 jean sizes by the end of February
  • Drop 5 jean sizes by Memorial Day


     

Today's food diary:

Breakfast: Protein shake (protein powder, ½ C whole milk, ½ C each frozen cherries & frozen pineapple), ~10 oz Dr Pepper

Lunch: Long John Silver's 2 pcs fish & fries (no hushpuppies) ~16 oz Dr Pepper

Snack: 1 cherry candy cane

Dinner: 5 oz grilled chicken, 1 C steamed green beans, 1 C brown rice, ½ T margarine, ~ 12 oz green Chai Tea Skinny Vanilla Latte

Bedtime: 8 oz Serenitea Herbal Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment